Rub-n-Buff Projects

I recently discovered a products by Amaco called Rub-N-Buff Pewter & Silver leaf.

Comes in many finishes. My favs are pewter & silver leaf.
The timing was perfect because we purchased a home and decided to change from oil rubbed bronze, antique brass/golds, to silver, stainless steel & nickel tones. This product made refinishing my items featured below a piece of cake. It is the easiest refinishing of items I have ever done. To get an aged look I paint my items with flat black spray paint first, then used a cheap chip brush (trimmed back the bristles) and applied the rub-n-buff. Most of the items I used the pewter, a few I used the silver leaf and a few I combined the two colors. Use a dry  brush and get a little on your brush and first swipe your brush on a piece of card board to remove a lot of the rub n buff. Then swipe your brush across your item lightly in all different direction, heavy in some areas & lighter in others that way the black shows through. You can apply it with a rag, however it will be more of a solid color them.

I just finished doing my Christmas Decor in the pewter & silver Rub-n-Buff and what a difference! Remember to wear gloves, I did not and the pic below says it all, lol! So without further adieu, here are some of the Rub-N-Buff projects I have done in the past few months.

Wear gloves! If you forget use rubbing alcohol to remove.

BEFORE: Gold & Black
AFTER: Used both silver leaf & pewter rub-n-buff.

BEFORE: Antique Gold
AFTER: Used Pewter


BEFORE: Antique Bronze & Gold
AFTER: Pewter
BEFORE: Antique Bronze
AFTER: All pewter except lamp.
BEFORE: Antique Gold
AFTER: Pewter
BEFORE: This is actually a brass vintage punch bowl holder I redid in white.
After: Silver Leaf
BEFORE: (Old house)
AFTER: Pewter
AFTER: Pewter
BEFORE: Antique Brass
AFTER: Pewter
BEFORE: Black AFTER: Silver Leaf
BEFORE: Antque Bronze
AFTER: Pewter
BEFORE: Red & Brown
AFTER: Pewter & Silver Leaf
BEFORE: Black & Brass


AFTER: Black & Silver Leaf
BEFORE: Black & Gold


AFTER: Pewter
BEFORE: Black & Gold
AFTER: Pewter
BEFORE: Antique Bronze
AFTER: Pewter

BEFORE: Black & Gold
AFTER: Pewter
Here are a few more of my Rub-N-Buff projects that I don't have good before photos.....a few in progress pics.

IN PROGRESS: Towel Racks

IN PROGRESS: Used an inexpensive chip brush and trimmed down the bristles. Stipple & swipe is my technique.

IN PROGRESS: Hooks & Other Items

AFTER: Pewter
AFTER: Laundry Room Hooks in Pewter
AFTER: Pewter Laundry Room Hook
AFTER: Pewter
AFTER: Pewter (was gold & black)
AFTER: This was oil rubbed Bronze, now Pewter
AFTER: Pewter Coast Rack
AFTER: Pewter
AFTER: Pewter
AFTER: Pewter
AFTER: Pewter Door stop
AFTER: Redid these vintage handles in Silver Leaf (org, antique brass)
AFTER: Pewter (my girls in vintage dress)
AFTER: Pewter
AFTER: Pewter
AFTER: Pewter Pumpkin-Happy Thanksgiving!

I have much more but you get the point ;D it's so simple and you can easily change the whole look of your house or just a few items, very inexpensively. Simple pleasures for a simple girl ;D You can do it too, don't be afraid to jump in and try it out! Caution...it's VERY addicting ;D
Blessings~

2 comments:

Thank you for keeping your comments G rated and specific to this blog or post on this blog.

Blessings!

Print Friendly and PDF