Coffee/End Table Redo

I refinished these tables using Maison Blanche Vintage Furniture Paint, equal parts Vanille & Magnolia. After paint had completely dried I sanded down the edges & the top to shabby it up a bit, while showing the acanthus leaf pattern of the inner top of the tables. Then I finished off with Maison Blanche Dark Wax with Le Dirt. I loved the Le Dirt, (it went into all the lines from the paint & cracks to age it perfectly)! I topped off with Min-Wax water based poly-acrylic for added durability. I used Silver leaf rub-n-buff on the legs (which were previously antique brass-ish) and I water down some black acrylic craft paint and rubbed it over the legs & wiped off the excess to create an aged silver look. 

Was a fun project and breathed new life into my old tables. We moved into our new home and changed from browns, antique bronzes, antique brasses & golds, to nickel, silvers, pewters, stainless steels, whites, yellows & black. I add touches of red during certain times of the year (July, Fall, Christmas)...I still love my reds!



BEFORE: Bronze & Antique Brass (at our old place).

AFTER: Maison Blanche Delish!
 
Maison Blanche Dark Wax & Le Dirt..ooh-la-la!
 
Ready to go!

 
Before: Coffee Table Bronze & Antique Brass (at our old place).

AFTER: Maison Blanche Delish + New Floors+New Place=Happy, Happy, Happy!
Why buy new when you can reuse what you already own? Breathing new life into something old is so much more fun and way easier on the pocketbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for keeping your comments G rated and specific to this blog or post on this blog.

Blessings!

Print Friendly and PDF